Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shower the Bride Décor

I recently hosted a bridal shower for my cousin who is getting married in October.  I am happy to say I really enjoyed the craft projects this party allowed me to create.  Of course I could have just purchased the bridal décor from the store but that would have taken away half the fun of being a host. 
Take a look at the final product…




Flower Spheres
To make the flower sphere it only takes fake flowers and a foam ball.  The bigger the flowers the bigger the sphere will turn out.  I used the same size foam ball for each but the two circles ended up being different sizes. You can us wire cutters to cut the stems off.  I left about 1 to 1 ½ inches of stem so that the flower would stay well in the foam ball. To hang them from my chandelier I tied twine around a nail and pushed it into the foam.
Twine Ball
I like to keep most décor groups in odd numbers so to balance out the two flower spheres I made a twine ball.  This was a little messy but easy to do.  I blew up a small balloon and then wrapped twine around it. Other tutorials I have read said to dip the twin in the glue before wrapping the balloon.  To make it less messy I brushed the sticky substance (I mixed mod podge and water) on after the twine was around the balloon. I made sure the twine was soaked before letting it dry.  I was very pleased with the outcome.




Bride's Initials
I think my favorite decoration was the bride’s new initials.  I placed these on the fire place mantel above her chair.  I thought this was a great décor option that the bride could then take home and use.  I found the chevron image online and cut out one chevron line and used that as my stencil before painting.  I loved the outcome and have added painting my initials to my craft to-do list for the house.

Message Board Frame
To make the message board frame I found this really cute frame at Hobby Lobby.  I took burlap and put it in the frame behind the glass.  Voila you have a message board.  Cute, easy and fun to use!

I couldn’t have been happier with the way things turned out! Best of all many of the things I made can be reused for other projects or decorating.  
I hope you can use some of these ideas for your own parties.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I am so making these. I am building an enchanted forest for my daughters 8th grade graduation dance. I will be making the twine balls as lanterns and the flower balls to hang from the ceiling.
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found my post and that it was helpful. I am sure your enchanted forest will turn out great! Enjoy!

      Delete