Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wreath it Up!

I have been seeing so many beautiful wreaths posted on Pinterest so I decided to get into the game.  The best part about this DIY Twig Wreath is that you can decorate it for whichever season you are in.  I happened to make this wreath with my mom in the summer. We found green vines and pretty paper flowers on sale at Hobby Lobby for .64 cents each! That is some crazy savings right there if you are on a budget.

To get started, buy a twig wreath at your local craft store.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby for $4.99 and then used a 40% off coupon bringing the total to $2.99. They come in all shapes and sizes but I chose a medium size circle. And if you are like me you will understand when I pulled, what seemed to be, all of them down to find the perrrrfect circle.  Good thing it was my mom with me and not my husbandJ.

Now for the fun part!  We picked out our flowers.  Our trip started out a little disappointing because that week at Hobby Lobby flowers were not on sale, bummer. We sighed at the thought of actually having to buy something for full price but picked out our flowers and exited the flower section. Thank goodness the story didn’t end there.  Before checking out we strolled down the clearance aisle.  And there they were, beautiful summer looking paper flowers for just pennies. Let’s just say we didn’t mind walking all the way back across the store to return the full priced flowers to their resting place.

Our final stop was to pick out our wood initials to give the wreaths that charm I love.

Here are some other supplies you may need to complete the project if you would like to make one for yourself: paint brushes, paint, glue gun, clear spray paint (if you want your painted wood to have a pretty gloss coat) and wire cutters.

The only thing you have to do other than paint your letter, if you choose to add that feature, is to cut the flower stems, place the flowers on the wreath and glue them down.  It is just that simple. 






My finished product! 


The best part is that I got to spend some fun quality time with my mom. She enjoyed the project so much she ended up making another wreath for her back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment